Why your business should make high security shredding a priority
Business is stressful. There is so much to think about – from staffing issues and dealing with clients to accounting and planning for the future. So why should you put high security shredding at the top of your to do list for 2019?
There’s a simple answer. Data security is vital to ensure your business survives in the coming months and years.
When it comes to ensuring the security of your paper documents and your online data, getting the right provider for high security shredding is key.
Many businesses now hold paper copies of sensitive confidential data such as staff records, medical notes, disciplinary hearing notes, and legal letters.
Most also have documents which detail staff banking details, names, telephone numbers and addresses, and business plans.
Your confidential electronic data can also be stored on:
- Old laptop hard drives
- External hard drives
- Old file servers
- Old PC hard drives
- Old back-up tapes, DVDs or CD ROMS
- USB sticks and flash drives
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force in 2018, businesses must show they handle confidential data securely and must report any data breaches to the authorities.
In the case of serious breaches, businesses face fines of up to 4% of their worldwide turnover, or 20 million Euros, whichever is the higher.
So, a data breach can threaten the future of your business.
How can you take the hassle out of ensuring your confidential data is secure?
Create an audit trail for your data with a secure shredding company at the end of it.
They will ensure your documents, old computer equipment, and old media will never fall into the hands of data thieves and will provide you with a certificate of destruction to ensure you comply with the rules.
Your old documents, media, and equipment are shredded in secure facilities to ensure no one can retrieve the data on them.
Old back up tapes are also degaussed with magnets to ensure the information on them is erased.
That physical destruction gives you peace of mind.
Why should you choose On Time Shred for your high security shredding?
- Our employees are vetted
- Our vehicles have GPS tracking and our premises have 24-hour CCTV coverage. Access to them is tested regularly
- We meet the shredding standards set by the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI)
- We can destroy more than 10 tonnes of confidential waste every hour
- We can reduce items to a dust-sized particle
- We give you a certificate of destruction so that you can prove your item was destroyed correctly, waste transfer notes and numbers, and an audit trail
- None of our waste goes to landfill
Do you need help or advice on high security shredding? Call our On Time Shred experts on 0330 333 1234.