You’re a busy person with a lot on your plate. Running your business day to day, dealing with staff problems, looking at customer complaints…so why worry about uniform shredding?
Like dealing with your confidential document waste, dealing with your old staff uniforms could end up being one of those issues which blows up further down the line.
Just as with the destruction of confidential waste, having a uniform shredding policy in place now gives you peace of mind and frees you up to think about other parts of your business.
When will my business need uniform shredding?
- When your stock suffers from wear and tear– Everything wears out and you will need to replace items regularly, especially if these branded uniforms contain items which are PPE (personal and protective equipment) such as hi-vis vests or waterproof jackets. When you’ve bought your new stock, you don’t want your employees wearing tatty old uniforms and undermining your business’s positioning.
- When you change your brand– Changing branding on uniforms at the same time you change your logo, signage, letterheads, and business cards ensures your new brand is consistently in the eye of your customer. You may decide to change your brand colours and reflect that in your new workwear.
- When you decide to upgrade– As your business grows and develops, your uniforms may well change with it. You may decide to upgrade to a better quality uniform to better represent your core values and attract the right clients.
The issue is that you no longer want your old staff uniforms to be in general circulation.
That would undermine your new brand, potentially put off new clients, and they could fall into the wrong hands.
For businesses such as care homes, hotels, couriers, and retailers, having someone who is not a member of staff get hold of one of your uniforms can lead to serious problems.
For example, a uniform could be used to get into a secure care home or hotel, steal items from residents or staff, or defraud people. It could be used to gain access to a retailer’s stock room to steal stock, or it could be used to persuade customers to hand over credit card details.
Imagine those uniforms were for security guards, concierges, or receptionists in a busy building, or scrubs in a dental surgery or hospital.
Having a uniform shredding system means this can’t happen. The uniforms are shredded securely, and you get a certificate of destruction to show your processes are robust.
Your workwear is collected in a controlled collection and taken to a secure site where it is shredded. You get a waste transfer note and certificate of destruction, so you know the uniform have been dealt with securely.
Why should you choose On Time Shred?
- We give you that certificate of destruction so that you can prove your item was destroyed correctly, waste transfer notes and numbers, and an audit trail
- We can reduce items to a dust-sized particle
- Our employees are vetted
- Our vehicles have GPS tracking and our premises have 24-hour CCTV coverage. Access to them is tested regularly
- We meet the shredding standards set by the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI)
- None of our waste goes to landfill
Do you need help or advice on uniform shredding? Call our On Time Shred experts on 0330 333 1234.